Christina Statistics - Charities
Christina supports a lot of charities and so here we feature all of the charities which Christina has been involved with or donated to. Charities are listed by their cause and then in alphabetical order.
- Featured on Artists Against AIDS 'What's Going On?' (All Artists donated their time to the cause) - 50% of the proceeds went to the victims of 9/11.
"We have so many different artists together from so many different genres - it's so cool to see so many different energies in one room. Hopefully everyone's fans will want to take action and try to be a part of helping stop this. I know [politicians] could be doing a lot more to help this situation worldwide." - Christina Aguilera
- Christina donated leather trousers for an auction after Alexander McQueen's catwalk show "Black" which benefited sufferers from AIDS
- Christina Aguilera is one of several famous faces stripping off in a new book in aid of the
Elton John Aids Foundation, "Four Inches".
Source: Irish Examiner [CNS]
- All proceeds from Viva Glam V Lipstick and Lip Gloss will go to the fund, which provides money to organisations that give care and daily essentials to those with HIV/Aids and that offer education, awareness and prevention programs.
- Christina donates an autographed xtinaxposed.com shirt, worn on tour.
- Christina is involved in a new campaign with YouthAids.org and ALDO. They are raising awareness and funds with posters and Empowerment Tags to help protect youth from HIV/AIDS. Find out more about the ALDO Youth AID's campaign here.
- Christina has signed ALDO sandals for an upcoming charity auction.
World AID's Day - December, 2002A Letter from Christina on Worlds AIDS Day
Hello everyone! First of all, I just want to thank all of you for your love and sweet support. It means more to me than you can imagine. I would like to ask if you could now lend that same loving support toward others who desperately need our help right now. The charity single 'What's Going On' is now on sale everywhere. As you know, the single was originally intended to be released on World AIDS Day. This is not just another single. This one is special. Please everyone, purchase a copy of the single in honor of this year's World AIDS Day. You see, all proceeds from 'What's Going On' go to helping the worldwide fight against AIDS, as well as helping the families of the victims of the terrorist attacks on September 11th. So please, if we work together, just by purchasing a copy of this meaningful song, we can help make a difference in people's lives...people who need our help. Again, thank you so very much for always being there. May God bless you all.
-Much love, Christina
Source: Big Noise Now
Animals And The Environment
Pet Microchip Scanners
- Grammy-winning pop singer Christina Aguilera loves animals, so she has donated $16,000 to buy 40
microchip scanners which will make it easier for lost pets to be reunited with their owners. They will
be placed in the patrol cars of the police departments of Cranberry, Pine-Marshall-Bradford Woods,
Ohio Township, McCandless, Franklin Park and Richland.
Aguilera was not there, but her mother, Shelly Kearns, who still lives in the area, came with her golden retriever, Bowser, to present the scanners at the news conference at Bradford Hills Veterinary Hospital in Marshall.....
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette [CNS]
Save the Earth Foundation
- Christina donated a signed microphone for Overstock.com Auctions. The microphone was donated to the
House Ear Institute for their annual Hollywood Auction on E-Bay, which happens each March. The Shure Beta
58A microphone was used by Christina Aguilera during her performance on July 22, 2003, at the Allstate Arena
in Chicago, IL. It was signed after the show that evening. It sold for $307.50 during the online auction.
All of the proceeds will benefit Save the Earth Foundation's scientific research and educational programs dedicated to expanding environmental awareness.
Stars in the Wild Foundation
- Christina endorsed the “Stars in the Wild" series of stuffed animals made by Beverly Hills Teddy Bear
Company, by adopting the polar bear. The money from sales being donated towards helping ‘the
preservation of our irreplaceable animal populations and of the environment.”
You can view more pictures from the "Stars in the Wild" campaign here.
I love this Polar Bear! I'm happy to be able to help preserve the special gifts that animals give by joining Stars In The Wild and their commitment to ensuring the survival of the planet's greatest natural resource.
Children And Young People
- Christina auctioned boots which were custom designed for the "Justified and Stripped Tour", the proceeds went for their Shoes for Orphan Souls program
- Christina appeared at the 3rd Annual Party In The Park Festival, which raises money for Prince Charles's charity The Prince's Trust - This charity helps young people to get started in life.
Toys for Tots Charity eBay Auction
- Bidding on the tree, with all of its special holiday ornaments, will begin at $1 to encourage as many bidders as possible for such a worthy cause. The auction can be found at http://www.ebay.com and closes at 4:00pm/PST (7:00pm/EST) on Thursday, December 8. The celebrity ornaments are currently on display through Sunday, December 4, on Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland.
Christina Aguilera emblazoned her ornament with a big red lipstick smootch.
More information about the Disneyland 50th anniversary celebration is available at http://www.disneyland.com.
Source: PR Newswire
"For too long domestic violence has been a hidden crime. We all need to face up to the extent of the problem and bring it out into the open." - Christina Aguilera
- Christina donated her time and “hands” to a great cause for Precious Impressions®
Precious Impressions® held a Charity Auction on eBay March 13-19, 2003 to auction the hand statue. Net proceeds were donated to a crisis center for women and children who are victims of Domestic Violence.
Pictures of the casting are available here.
- StubHub Auction - Christina auctioned tickets to 'The Justified And Stripped Tour', the proceeds went to Refuge.
- A transcript of Refuge's interview with the UK TV channel "Trouble" is available here.
Scottish Executive Domestic Abuse Campaign - October 2003
- Christina Aguilera showed support to the Scottish Executive's domestic abuse campaign and donated artwork featuring the lyrics to her song "I'm OK" for a unique exhibition.
- Donated $200,000.
- Visited the shelter, signed autographs and helped wrap presents.
- StubHub Auction - Christina auctioned tickets to 'The Justified And Stripped Tour', the proceeds went to The Women's Center & Shelter Of Greater Pittsburgh
Medical Research And Care
Ally's House Foundation
- Christina donated items for an auction for this charity. The charity raised about $250,000 US to assist families of pediatric cancer patients in Oklahoma
- Christina donated her shoes to be auctioned.
Young Hollywood Book
- Christina Aguilera, is only one of many young talents who will be featured in a new book by photographer Brie Childers.
The book, called "Young Hollywood," is a book of celebrity portraits, used to raise awareness about the threat of breast cancer among young woman. The book is described as, "an uplifiting book, concentrating on prevention through living with awareness and joy.
Young Hollywood's pages are accented with words and stories from Brie and from the celebrities themselves."
"Young Hollywood" is in the final stage of production, and is slated for release sometime next year.
ACM Charitable Foundation, May 2004
- The donations included an autographed leather bra from Christina Aguilera, a guitar signed by
members of The Eagles, and a limo ride to the upcoming concert in Dallas featuring Jimmy Buffett, Alan
Jackson and George Strait.
- 'El Ultimo Adiós (Last Goodbye),' the Latin charity song Christina participated in, entered
the Billboard Top Latin Album chart at #3. The maxi-single is on sale everywhere. Profits go to the
American Red Cross and United Way to support the victims of the September 11th tragedy.
The song, written by Estefan and Secada with Gian Marco, was also recorded in English and titled 'The Last Goodbye'.
Basic tracks were recorded in Miami, while the voices of such performers as Ricky Martin, Christina, and Jennifer Lopez were later added to the track, in New York, Milan, Italy, Rio de Janeiro, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mexico City, San Juan, and Corpus Christi, Texas.
'In the four minutes of this song, we are sending a message of unity and hope that will last a lifetime,' Emilio Estefan Jr. said in a statement. 'Different music genres were represented, (and) all the artists sang together to inspire faith and hope to all affected by this tragedy.'
- Inside the hand-made, silk invitation box decorated with glitter, branches of pearl clusters and silk rose petals that were sent to friends and family invited to the wedding was a note from Christina and Jordan.
"While we celebrate the richness of life and all the circumstances that have blessed us in career and love, we are mindful of those who are suffering as the result of Hurricane Katrina and Rita. The best gift you could give us is a donation of financial aid to any of the organizations helping the stricken citizens of New Orleans, that city dear to every musician's heart" [According to OK!].
Source: Access Hollywood
- An autographed CD and VIP Package for Four to Meet Christina Aguilera at the Madison Square Garden (New York City) "Back To Basics" tour date was auctioned to benefit the 'R.S.V.P. to HELP' Campaign to benefit the charities Habitat for Humanity, HELP USA and Philadelphia Soul Charitable Foundation.
- Music stars CHRISTINA AGUILERA and COURTNEY LOVE joined forces to benefit an online charity
auction which calls on celebrities to donate personal items.
The VANITY FAIR IN CONCERT eBAY auction aims to give fans "the chance to bid on one-of-a-kind, music-inspired items" to raise funds for the STEP UP WOMEN'S NETWORK, a non-profit organisation working to provide better community resources for women and girls to improve their futures.
Among Aguilera's items up for auction on eBay are several different outfits, including signed photographs and a skirt she wore in the DIRRTY video.
- Christina encouraged her fans to better their communities by getting involved in various projects and getting their
It’s really important to me to help inspire my fans to go out there and do something positive to make changes of their own.Fifty young people across the country who proved themselves as making a difference in their communities were awarded with $500 grants from Sears and Levis to continue their projects. These winners were also rewarded with tickets to one of Christina’s concerts and the chance to meet the pop sensation before the show.
- Declare Yourself, the national non-partisan, non-profit initiative energizing a new movement of young
adults to vote in the 2004 election, launched its provocative print, broadcast and online PSA campaign
called "Only You Can Silence Yourself."
Working with advertising agency Benenson Janson, the Declare Yourself campaign was photographed and directed by David LaChapelle. It features a mix of "real people" and young celebrities, including Christina Aguilera.
- ALDO, a global fashion footwear and accessories brand and retailer, and YouthAIDS have partnered to create a global fundraising
and awareness campaign to educate and prevent HIV/AIDS among teenagers and young adults.
By leveraging the proverb “Hear No Evil, See No Evil and Speak No Evil”, the campaign seeks to break the silence about HIV/AIDS and educate and empower young people. The centerpiece of the campaign is a series of intrusive black-and-white images shot by world-renowned photographer Peter Lindbergh, which portray the celebrities and “Empowerment Tags” in unexpected and provocative ways.
The “Empowerment Tag” is engraved with “Hear”, “See”, or “Speak” on one tag, and the AIDS ribbon on the other. The tags, available at ALDO stores worldwide and on www.youthaids-aldo.org or www.aldoshoes.com, will retail for $5, with 100% of the net proceeds benefiting YouthAIDS. Funds raised from the sale of the Empowerment Tags will enable YouthAIDS to educate and protect young people in more than 60 countries.
People I know have been devastated by it. The more we ignore this, the more guilty we are. Everyone is going to know someone who is affected by Aids or even be affected themselves.
It's about people having respect for themselves and respect for humanity.
HIV is something that people don't want to talk about, hear about or face. [Christina's campaign slogan on the ALDO Youth Aids website]
Visit To South Africa 
'Unite of the Stars' Gala Banquet
- November 9th 2005, Christina joined Diana Ross to co-host the 'Unite of the Stars' Gala Banquet in support of four important charities:
- The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
- Unite Against Hunger
- St Mary's hospital
- The Topsy Foundation.
- During the 'Unite of the Stars' charity gala banquet, a star-studded auction was held and a pair of diamond earrings worn by Christina went for R50,000.